Friday, February 24, 2012

Yahtzee


Until I met Liz I had never played Yahtzee. Until I met Liz’s mom I had never played Yahtzee for money. I quickly realized that this wasn’t your standard game of Yahtzee when I was asked to break out my dollar bills. This game has a wager and is taken seriously (well, sort of) which is funny because it involves rolling dice and little to no skill.

Creative (or not so creative) names are chosen by each participant and kept on record for future reference and nostalgic conversations. Curiosity was quickly followed by competitiveness, which was quickly followed by my face hurting from so much laughter. I learned that encouragement begets help. Taunting creates ruthless competition.

Ever since Yahtzee has been synonymous with family, enjoyable competition and well… losing all of my ones.