Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Early Spring


                  Liz and I are looking to tackle a garden this spring. It has the potential to be awesome, overwhelming or a little of both. With that in mind I was walking around the house considering where to plant. Looking at one of the flowerbeds, I found that nature had beaten me to the punch. It is mid February and this little flower thinks that it is time to get its bloom on. I’m sure it is confused though. This week we got our first snow, only to be followed by 60 and 70-degree temperatures to round out the week. Not that I blame it, I’m looking forward to Spring as well. While the winter has been mild, I just don’t think we are quite there yet. In the mean time I’ll debate whether to leave it be and let it freeze when the temperature drops again or transplant it and let it continue to grow indoor. It probably wouldn’t hurt to get a little green on my thumb before Spring rolls around.