Friday, May 20, 2011

Mutts Amazing Hot Dogs

            Generally, I would be hard pressed to get excited about hot dogs. Although, when I heard that the folks at Big Truck Tacos were coming out with a new concept that focused on hot dogs I knew I had to try it. Mutts Amazing Hot Dogs opened this week just down the road from BTT on 23rd street. The flavors of the food, the vibe inside the building and the creativity of the menu definitely lived up to the reputation that BTT has set for itself. After eating at Mutts I can see why they decided to include “Amazing” in the restaurant title.

S’noran Dog
Bacon-wrapped dog, cheddar jack cheese, pico de gallo, mayo, chipotle ketchup, pinto beans, sliced avocado, mustard

Primanti
Provolone cheese, cole slaw, french fries

Duck fat fries topped with truffle oil

Big Easy
Andouille sausage, fried okra, crawfish, corn relish, creole mustard