Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wedding Season


For the first time I have found myself experiencing what people oh-so-often refer to as “wedding season”. Recently, Liz and I traveled to New Hampshire to attend a wedding. It was an enjoyably exhausting, whirlwind weekend involving lots of love and libations. Go-carts and batting cages. Family, fun and the Little League Baseball mascot Dugout.

One of my favorite images to come from that wedding was one of my grandfather with his arm around Liz.

Next up:
Oklahoma - Headed back home for the first time in just over a year. The first time since I moved to Durham will be to stand by my wonderful friend’s side as he gets married.

Michigan - A beach wedding on Lake Superior where Liz’s mom will be officiating. For the first time, during the summer, I will get to join Liz in the place that she has visited every summer of her life.

Oklahoma - Straight from Michigan, and back to Oklahoma to see my little sister get married. The youngest of four is blazing the trail to the alter for the rest of us.

Geez, none of these are even my wedding and I’m already exhausted. I can’t wait though.