Monday, May 14, 2012

Dain's Place: Brunch


I think that my excitement trumped my surprise when I heard that the joint that serves my favorite burger in the area would start serving brunch. That was several months ago now, and since Dain’s has been calling my name on Saturday mornings between 9:00am and 12:00pm.

As far as the ever-changing brunch menu goes, you could throw a dart at it and be pleasantly surprised by ordering whatever you hit. Above is a French toast sandwich with Nutella and bacon, buttered and grilled, served with fresh fruit and maple syrup. The First Class Biscuits and Gravy is one of my favorite offerings so far. It consists of honey biscuits topped with sausage gravy, then topped with fried eggs and drizzled with Siracha. It sounds fairly simple, but the result is wonderful.

How can you say no to brunch at a place that shows Saturday morning cartoons, serves the “Bloodiest Mary” (my favorite in town) and serves milk and Oreos as a dessert? The answer is, you can’t.