Friday, May 18, 2012

Growing A Garden


Over the past month I have unintentionally developed a habit. I get home from work, kiss m’lady and step into the back yard. It has been a couple months now since we have dug up and planted our gardens. Three spaces now hold vegetables, herbs and flowers.

There is an odd sense of pleasure that we take in tending to the plants, pulling weeds and assessing growth. Liz does well with gently guiding her tiny sprouts. I, on the other hand, want to poke, push and slap my plants around to see daily development. We have planted accordingly.

I often forget that all of the work we have put into (and enjoyment we have gotten from) developing the gardens will eventually yield delicious results. In the mean time, there is the added benefit of the blooming vegetables. A temporary faux flower garden.