Friday, July 27, 2012

Still Wedding Season


So, like I mentioned before, it is apparently wedding season. According to my tally, I'm up to five this summer. Liz and I have been to three weddings, in three states, in three weeks.  The latest...

Oklahoma - I got the pleasure of watching my youngest sister walk down the aisle... from a bridesmaid's point of view. Unfortunate circumstances resulted in me being called to action, three hours prior to the wedding, as a bridesmaid. It was a great perspective to watch my little sister get married from. I know, always a bridesmaid. Never a bride...

North Carolina - As a plus-one to Liz's coworker's wedding, I got the pleasure of being mancandy for an evening. The wedding involved two Hispanic families from Queens. So. Much. Fun. The dance moves of a fifteen-year-old inspired me to want to take dance lessons. Okay, if we are going to be honest, a six-year-old had more fluid moves than me.

All of that being said, one of my favorite weddings, held in Brimley, Michigan, involved a Scandanavian bride and a beach.

Michigan - In short, Liz's mom handmade the arbor. It was transported down the beach and planted in the sand. Mrs. Fabry then officiated the wedding from underneath the arbor that she had made. The bride (from Michigan) stood to the left with Michigan land jutting out on the horizon behind her. The groom (from Canada) stood on the right with Canadian land jutting out on the horizon behind him. All the while I was shoeless with my feet in the sand. It was beautiful.

The wedding photographer’s awesome shots can be found here