Monday, August 29, 2011

Michigan Blueberries

            When Liz returned from Michigan she brought back with her a fairly large container of fresh, wild, Michigan blueberries that she had picked the day she was to fly back. I had not eaten blueberries in some time. They are just not something that is usually top of mind for me. That being said, I ate them like candy, throwing them down my throat one by one. Of course there are other things that you can do with blueberries rather than just eat them plain. Though that is never a bad thing. We decided to give a few of them a try and Liz took some pictures.

            Blueberry milk. Stirred a reduced blueberry syrup into the milk. You know Hershey’s Syrup?
Yeah, like that, but with blueberries instead of chocolate. Part of me just wants to drink it for the color.

            After I made the blueberry syrup for the milk I was left with the cooked, smashed berry portion of the recipe. Liz mixed that with honey and topped sliced cinnamon apples and added them to a cheese plate. 
       And of course blueberry pancakes had to be made.
       With about half of the blueberries still left in the freezer, I am looking forward to what other  concoctions we can come up with… that is if I don’t eat all of them first.