Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Prompted By The Weather

Last night was the first ground-covering snow that I have seen here in Durham. The forecast was accompanied by the standard school closings, and magically disappearing milk and bread from the grocery stores. A disruption from the norm that brings both uncertainty and excitement to a city.

Similar uncertainties, coupled with exciting feelings, are taking place as Liz and I plan what we want our wedding to look like. As I look to redirect my career path. As we decide what we want our home, future, and family to look like. Prompted by the weather, I found myself physically and mentally pausing to take in the snow, build a fire, and sit down with a book or few (I seem to have a theme at the moment). It was appropriate to take a moment to acknowledge the less than routine activities that are taking place, and recognize that it is all part of the adventure. An adventure that leads to Spring then on to the future we have been working so carefully to build.