Monday, December 17, 2012

NYC Surprise


The weekend after we returned from Asheville, we had even more plans. Our good friends, Natalie and Travis, were to pick us up at 5:30am on Saturday morning. We didn’t know where we were going, but only that we needed an overnight bag.
That Saturday morning we found ourselves at Raleigh-Durham International Airport to pick up a “rental car”. However, there was no rental car. I found myself trying to pick my jaw up from the parking garage floor as I was handed a boarding pass to New York City.
I was still dumbfounded as I ate an everything bagel, with a half-inch of cream cheese, in Rockefeller Center. Liz and I had never been to NYC. Separately or together. Yet, we found ourselves taking a food tour with the most perfect tour guides. A whirlwind viewing and food tasting tour of everything from Greenwich Village to Midtown Manhattan to Central Park. All in approximately 30 hours. The most pleasant surprise of a weekend for sure.